Turn your fiber into finished goods like hats, throws, or mittens! Call today!
Have more than 200 lbs of fiber to process into yarn? Call today for a custom quote at our best rates!
Please send each order with instructions included in the box. Include email, name, address and what you would like us to do for you.
Set-up fee for each lot under 50 lbs is $50.00
**for exotics including Alpaca add $0.50/lb
Carding - includes scouring
**For all exotics including Alpaca add $3/lb
|<100 lbs||100-200 lbs|
|Roving (for batts add $0.80/lb)||$10.00||$7.00|
|Pencil Roving (pindrafted once)||$12.50||$10.00|
|Combed Top (min 40 lbs raw fiber required)||$15.50||$12.50|
includes all previous steps, put-up on cones
**For all exotics including Alpaca add $3/lbs
|Semi-Worsted (not combed)||Baby||Fingering||Sport, DK, Worsted, or Bulky|
|<100 lbs incoming weight||$42.00||$34.00||$22.00|
|100-200 lbs incoming weight||$32.00||$26.00||$17.00|
|Worsted (combed)||Baby||Fingering||Sport, DK, Worsted, or Bulky|
|<100 lbs incoming weight||$49.00||$41.00||$29.00|
|100-200 lbs incoming weight||$39.00||$33.00||$24.00|
Additional Services: Add to base spinning charge.
|Skeining (2-4 oz skeins) $/lb incoming weight||$1.50||$/lb|
|Skeining (<2 oz skeins) $/lb incoming weight||$2.50||$/lb|
|Washing/Twisting $/lb incoming weight||$2.50||$/lb|
|Small batch setup fee (<50 lbs incoming weight) *charged for each individual lot||$50.00||$/each|
|Dyeing (based on clean yarn weight)||$15.00||$/lbs|
- Unless otherwise specified prices are based on incoming weight
- For "fine" wools expect a 50% loss during scouring, for "course" wools expect 35-40% loss during scouring
- 50% down-payment on all orders
- Combing requires a minimum of 40 lbs raw fiber. Yield will vary. Best results for fiber with staple length over 3"
- Alpaca carding/spinning must be blended with a minimum of 40% wool unless otherwise negotiated
Please call for an estimate on orders with over 200 lbs raw fiber.
For custom processing please keep the following in mind:
- We will work with you to design yarns which enhance your fibers. The quality of the yarns is directly related to the quality of the fiber provided.
- The best quality yarns are made from fleece and fibers which are: clean and free of chaff, burrs, tags, at least 3" staple length and free of short belly wool and second cuts.
- Please ship your fleece in clear, heavy-weight plastic bags or cardboard boxes (NO PLASTIC GRAIN BAGS).
- We reserve the right to reject fleece that does not meet our minimum specifications.
- We will lightly skirt your fleece prior to scouring.
Glossary for those of you new to fiber processing: Scouring - washing and drying the fiber Carding - the fiber to get rid of additional vegetable matter and short fibers Pindrafting - further straightening and smoothing of the fibers Combing- removing neps/pills/vegetation Plying - Twisting 2 or more strands of yarn together
If you have further questions please feel free to contact us at:
307-684-5775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.