Please send each order with instructions included in the box. Include email, name, address and what you would like us to do for you.
|Set-up fee for each lot under 50lbs.||$50.00||$50.00|
Carding – includes scouring
|Roving or Batts||$10.00||$15.00|
|Pencil Roving (Pindrafted once)||$12.50||$17.50|
|Combed Top (50 lb clean minimum)||$15.50||$18.50|
Spinning includes all previous steps, put-up on cones.
|Sport, Worsted, or Bulky (2ply or 3 ply)||$22.00||$25.00|
|Fingering or lace weight (2 ply)||$34.00||$37.00|
Additional Services: Add to base spinning charge.
|Combing the above yarns – additional||$7.00||$7.00|
|Plying more than standard listed above||$1/ply||$1/ply|
|Custom Plying/ per pound from cones||$2.50||$2.50|
|Blending ie) silk, bamboo, tencel||$1.00||$1.00|
|Skeining to 4oz skeins||$2.50||$2.50|
|Less than 4 oz||.70/ea||.70 ea|
|Dyeing – standard colors only, per clean lb.||$28.00||$28.00|
- Prices are per incoming weight.
- Minimum order = 50 lbs incoming weight; (most wool will yield 50% clean fiber)
- 50% Down on all orders
- Combing requires a minimum of 50 lbs clean fiber. Yield will vary. Best results for fiber with staple length over 3″
- Alpaca carding/spinning must be blended with 30% wool. Wool is available for purchase at $15.00/lb
Please call for an estimate on orders over 100 lbs. For custom processing please keep the following in mind:
- We will work with you to design yarns which enhance your fibers. The quality of the yarns is directly related to the quality of the fiber provided.
- The best quality yarns are made from fleece and fibers which are: clean and free of chaff, burrs, tags, at least 3″ staple length and free of short belly wool and second cuts.
- We require a minimum of 10 pounds of raw fleece for each order.
- Please ship your fleece in clear, heavy-weight plastic bags or cardboard boxes (NO PLASTIC GRAIN BAGS).
- We reserve the right to reject fleece that does not meet our minimum specifications.
- The average custom process return is 55 pounds of finished yarn per 100 pounds of raw fleece. The return percentage is affected by the grease content and cleanliness of the clip.
- We will not skirt your fleece unless requested.
- Finished product that is not paid for and shipped or picked up within 45 days of being notified of it’s completion will become property of the mill.
**All yarn will be made into 2-ply sportweight and put up on cones unless specified.
Glossary for those of you new to fiber processing: Scouring – washing and drying the fiber Carding – detangling the fiber to get rid of additional vegetable matter and short fibers Pindrafting – further straightening and smoothing of the fibers Plying – Twisting 2 or more strands of yarn together
If you have further questions please feel free to contact us at
307-684-5775 or email@example.com.